Friday, April 20, 2012

New work

 A few new things for you.  This is Baby Froggie.  He is 7X5.  He is a miniature of "Froggie", a 24x20 that I painted for a dear friend.  I just liked him so much that I did a smaller version.
 This one is fresh off my easel.  This is "Lauren".  She is 16x20.  The green in the center made for a challenge with background color and texture, but I am pleased with how she turned out and I learned some new things about backgrounds.  As long as each new painting teaches me something, I am happy.
Taking the background lessons that I learned from Lauren, I reworked Theodore, a lovely little Costa Rican frog.  I had never been completely satisfied with his overall look.  (What artist is ever completely satisfied with a painting?).   I am much happier with Theordore.

I hope everyone has a great weekend.  I am looking forward to more work in the garden....and there is that closet that I've torn apart (new paint, shelving, etc).

2 comments:

  1. Great work, Nancy. I really like Theodore. The blending on the background really brings the piece together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Alex. I find that adding "air" to the background can push it back and help give some depth.

    ReplyDelete