Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Winter travel in Italy

 I just returned from a winter trip to Italy, which is why you haven't seen any new paintings in Feb.   My friend Julie and I flew into Florence and out of Venice.  We had a wonderful time and saw some things that most travelers to Italy will never get to see.

David.....with no one around him.  That is actually my finger and a bit of my coat in the photo.  Cameras are not allowed, so I had to be surreptitious.
 This is Siena, in Tuscany, in the snow.  We were lucky that we missed the actual snow storm.  We met a couple that had gotten trapped in Rome by their first snowfall in 36 years.









Carnival in Venice.  A much more genteel affair than raucous Mardi Gras. Again, we luckily missed the icing over of the Venetian canals.












Sales signs in Italian shops.  I am guessing that summer travelers never see 70% off sales in Tuscany.








It was a wonderful trip.  I was happy to go and happy to return home.  I am looking forward to productive time in my studio and will have a new painting to show you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment